Bio Mass Heating & Biomass Boilers By Vien Systems
Biomass boilers are an efficient, effective and affordable heating solution. They generate heat by burning wood pellets and chips, animal by-products or general waste. Households using these systems can save up to 50% on heating costs.
Biomass Boilers are a cost-effective alternative to traditional boilers that use oil or gas. They require no piped gas network or unsightly oil tanks and are ideal when the only other alternative may have been storage heaters that are just not cost-efficient.
The Benefits Of A Biomass Boiler
- No need for piped gas service or an oil tank
- Lower energy bills
- Extra income from Feed-in Tariff and Renewable Heat Initiative
- Lower carbon emissions-reducing carbon tax liabilities
- Biomass fuel is much more cost-effective than any other type of fossil fuel
- The Energy Savings Trust found in 2015 typical savings of £10 to £70 per year when replacing gas heating and £490 to £880 per year when replacing electric immersion heating
- Biomass Boilers qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Programme and a typical house in England, Scotland or Wales could receive between £1,385 to £2,090 a year
How Biomass Boilers Work
If you have been considering a biomass boiler, it’s always good to know how they will work so you can decide if they will be right for your home. Although wood has been used to heat homes for hundreds of years, biomass boilers use the latest advances in technology to make fuel usage much more efficient and there are now multiple fuel sources that you can use which work just as well, if not better in some cases. In combination with a back boiler, the system can also be used to heat your water.
Pellet stoves are an alternative to wood, and they can be more efficient. Heat is distributed more evenly through convection which improves the heat flow around your home. This type of biomass boiler is not only easy to use, but it is also a form of clean energy and it has an automatic ignition and thermostatic control too for ease of use. Most of these boilers can hold enough fuel for between one and three days use. Ash pans will need to be emptied on a monthly basis.
Our installation teams have in-depth knowledge of biomass heating systems and they can use their expertise to design a system that’s right for your property, whatever your requirements.
If you are interested in having a biomass boiler installed in your home, our friendly team can prepare a tailored quote based on the size of your home, the number of rooms you need to heat and the type of boiler that you would like.
Contact us today to find out more about the biomass boilers we can install or to book your free, no-obligation quotation.